Saturday, May 7, 2011

Spring is in the Air!

I must admit its been a while since I posted to this blog. I wish that I could say its because I've been busy crafting, but its mostly because I've been busy planting, cooking and chasing around my spunky little malt terrier. I've also started a new blog, Dining In, that focuses more on food, especially our quest to try and eat more homemade and local grown food.

I am however still planning on participating in StART on the Street Spring Edition on May 22nd on Main St. in Worcester. I'll be selling my torn paper collages along with some prints and notecards, felted soaps, hair acessories, aprons and more. I'll have some new collages and some other surprises at my both this year too.

There are alot of other great crafters that will be participating this year, whose work I really admire, so I thought I'd focus some of this blog post on what else you can expect to see at this year's stART Spring Edition:

Steel Mountain Fabricators
Steel Mountain Fabricators is run by my husbands uncle, Stephen Szepanski. He creates cool metal art for home and garden by cutting designs out of steel with a plasma cutter. Garden signs, wall art and planters are just a few of the items you'll find at his booth.

Check out his website too: http://www.steelmountainfabricators.com





Gravestone Girls
The Gravestone Girls have been at stART events in the past. I love the decorative artwork they create using castings of primative images carved into old New England gravestones. Check them out at StART and read more about their artwork at http://www.gravestonegirls.com/index.html





Little Terrapin Jewelry

I met Little Terrapin Jewelry when its creator, Tyra Penn, organized the craft show at the Amazing Art Center in Framingham last winter. Her line of beaded jewelry primarily features semiprecious stone with copper or sterling findings. Many pieces also incorporate freshwater pearls; vintage glass beads or buttons; and cloisonne. Little Terrapin is inspired by the tiny ecologies we find all around us in gardens, marshes and woods. Check out her shop on etsy, too: http://www.etsy.com/shop/littleterrapin

Seed to Stem
I've never met Seed to Stem but have been admiring the tiny terraniums filled with beautiful succulants on Seed to Stem's facebook page and blog. I'm already a big fan and hope to get a little something from her booth on the 22nd! Check out her blog here: http://www.seedtostem.org


Hope you enjoy this preview! If you are going to be an artist at StART Spring Edition, please email me at saranoh77 at gmail.com to be added to future blog posts. And if your planning to attend as a shopper, please check back for more featured artists! Mor info on the event can also be found at http://www.startonthestreet.org.

Happy Crafting!




No comments: