Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Crafting Countdown

There is less than 1 month before the stART festival. stART on the street is a huge art festival in Worcester, MA that attracts over 20,000 visitors. There are over 250 artists and crafters who participate in the event and this year I am one of them!

I have less than one month to prep for the show. I have about 6 new collages that I want to create and a ton of sewing projects that I hope to work on. I am also getting into hand felting and have made a few felt flowers that I want to turn into lariats, pins and pony holders. There is ALOT of crafting in the works. Not to mention I need to practice setting up the tent. I hope I get the attention at the show that I'm hoping for. The last few events I was in were disappointing in turnout and sales.

In addition to crafting, I'll be starting school this fall. I'm in the intro to microcomputers and intro to business. Hopefully the courses aren't too difficult. Its been a while since I've been in school, and a while since I took a non-art course. I'm going for my biz degree b/c there just isn't a decent night program for Graphic Design or Recreation in the Worcester area. i figured a business degree will at least get me more professional office positions.

So there is ALOT going on right now. Wish me luck and stay tuned for pictures of my new projects.

No comments: