Monday, December 8, 2008

stART at the Station 2008

Add Image
stART moved its Holiday event back to Union Station this year with great success. The place was packed with people for much of the day. I did ok with sales and had a wonderful time. All of my ornaments flew off the tree. I sold notecards, and jewelry and had lots of interest in my collages, though none of them sold. I think my mom really enjoyed watching the booth with me and hearing all the people compliment my artwork.

The vendors at this show were fabulous! Next to me were two great glass artists who made the most fabulous decorative plates and votives. All day I was oohing and ahhing over different pieces on their table. On the other side was a bagmaker who had beautiful fabric totes. There was a great variety at the show:visual art, jewelry, handbags, pottery, soap, notecards and so much more.

My big purchase of the day was a folkart triple decker. I had seen them at the stART on the Street event but didn't get a chance to go back to buy one. So I got my chance yesterday when I walked around. Unfortunately, my plans to put it on top of my cabinets didn't work out. It was just a little bit too tall. So our triple decker found some real estate on one of the book cases in our living room, along with my Simon Pierce bowl and the gyotaku minnow from Barry Singer.

I've finally recovered from the cold I caught from my husband. It couldn't have come at a worse time. I was really expecting to have a number of other projects done, including cleaning my house so we can decorate for the holidays. As it is, I still have to bake a million cookies this week. Tomorrow I am going to tackle the chocolate hazelnut biscotti and the chocolate cherry chunk cookies. Wednesday I'll be turning out orange shortbread, and Thursday and Friday I'll be making my very popular church mice macaroons and maybe some molded cream cheese cookies. So check back if you'd like to see them. And stop by Trinity Lutheran Church in Worcester (across from the Art Museum) from 9-12 on Saturday if you want to buy any!

1 comment:

k.rowe said...

Hi Sara!

I'm going to direct my dad (Ed of Ed's Old House Three Deckers) to your page so he can see that great photo! He'll be thrilled to see that! :)


Thanks for your great comments on my blog! Those cookies you are baking sound DELICIOUS!! ;)

Have a wonderful weekend!

~Kelly