Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wissahickon Footbridge


I just missed the deadline for entering this in the ArtsWorcester Biennial Exhibit. I was disappointed to say the least, but not surprised. So much went into planning the shower, that I didn't get to finish this until Sunday. And then I forgot that I never bought a frame for it! I am so happy withe the resulting paper painting though. I made the original underpainting in Philadelphia almost 3 years ago, but never added any collage to the piece. This is a painting of one of the beautiful bridges in Wissahickon Park. The park is part of the Fairmont Park system in Philadelphia and was our favorite place to go walking and hiking when we lived at the seminary.

I have grown so much in this style of art since I first started showing my artwork in Philadelphia and am so happy that I was able to finally finish this piece. I cant wait to make some prints and notecards of this for my etsy shop and stART events!

No comments: