Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hazelnut Mochaccino Cookies


I made some great cookies the other day! I wanted to use some of my cappucino chips and espresso powder from the King Arthur store. I also had some hazelnuts in the freezer that I wanted to use up. So I created a recipe for Hazelnut Mochaccino Cookies. We thought they were super delicious. Here's the recipe:

Hazelnut Mochaccino Cookies

1 stick of softened butter
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

2 large eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
1/2 cup cappuccino chips

In a small bowl combine the first 5 ingredients. Then cream together the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Gradually mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Stir in hazelnuts and cappuccino chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 9 to 11 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes approximately 2 dozen.

No comments: