Sunday, July 19, 2009

Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake


John & I have been trying to eat healthier and encorporate more fresh fruit in our diet. So last week when Shaws had a great sale on berries, we bought them all: cherries, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. We managed to eat most of them as snacks, or in our yogurt for breakfast, but I had one pint of blueberries still hanging on. Before they went bad, I decided I should make something delicous with them and so I turned to Martha. I must admit that Martha Stewart has some of the best baking recipes I've tried, especially for classic baked goods, like bundt cake! I had to make one adjustment to the recipe: I didn't have a fresh lemon, so I used a tablespoon of bottled lemon juice for a bit of lemony flavor. It still came out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself!

No comments: