Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Updating Etsy & Promotional Cards



I am hoping to start adding photos of all my stock to etsy for the holidays. I think I'll build a light box tonight, because I no longer am home when there is good sunlight. I've found a good tutorial for a diy lighttent here:

http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/how-to-make-a-inexpensive-light-tent/


I don't think I want to use the white background though. I may go with a colored posterboard to start. Perhaps I'll use some props. I love some people's propped jewelry photos but mine always look cheesy, so I'll have to experiment more with that.

I'm also shipping out some promotional cards this week. A few etsians have offered to take promos from other etsians to hand out at craft shows. I'm labeling the back of a bunch of biz cards with an offer for free shipping. I don't know if this will get me any new customers or not, but I figured its a relatively cheap way to advertise.

No comments: