Saturday, October 11, 2008

Whats new?

Well alot and then not so much. I've been super busy with school for the past month and trying to figure out how to get everything done. Next semester I will try to take an online course and a Saturday course, because this weeknight schedule is just killing me. I feel like I don't have time to do anything except work and I'm always behind the 8-ball with my assignments. Because I've always taken art classes, I'm not used to having homework. Art classes are always labs and I've always finished my work in class. Reading about business is really not my cup of tea. I wish I could finish my graphic design degree, but there are no schools near here that offer the courses in the evening, and we just don't have the $$ for me to work partime and go to school during the day. So I'm stuck going for an A.S. in Business. It will at least help me get better secretarial work in the future. So much for dream jobs...

What else is new? Well I'm planning to start "arting" again. I realized I haven't made any collages ('cept for one tiny ACEO) since I finished my commision for my dad-in-law. But I think I'm ready to try it again. I want my new works to be a series of smaller works (8x10 or smaller) with forest/tree themes. I was working on alot of tree collages before and I think I really enjoyed trying to improve upon one theme. I also think trees are some of my best work.

I also need to do some more felting! I want to make a handful more flower brooches. I really want to work more with wool and try to perfect the flowers. I would love to move on to bigger projects (scarves!) but I'm not sure I want to invest in that until i really feel comfortable working with the smaller pieces. AND I need to do a little sewing and make some ornaments for my winter shows. I really want to have a mix of everything I do at my booth, from the more expensive art pieces to cheaper ornaments and even some "quickie" crafts that would be cheap enough for stocking stuffers (like the marble magnets I had at StART).

Of course I don't have time for any of this, but one can dream cant she?

No comments: