Monday, November 3, 2008

Felting For Festivus


Ok, I'm not felting for some madeup Seinfeld holiday, but for Christmas, Hannukah and Kwanza. I'm felting for the Holiday Arts Happening (hopefully- I'll hear later this week if I made it!). I am making a bunch of rose pins, felt flower rings and hair things, and now these really cool "Soap in Sheeps Clothing". These are all great little things to put in a stocking or give as a hannukah gift.
For soaps, I have been using an all natural soap that I found at Target. I wanted to order some bars of handmade soap.. still deciding if its worth the investment (will i actually sell enough of them?).

I've also started arting again! I really havent made anything since my last big piece, which was commissioned by my father-in-law while he was in hospice. That was such a difficult thing to do, that I just needed to not get involved in another piece for a while. However, I decided I need about 5-10 new pieces for my show. I want more smaller originals that people may actually buy at a show like the Holiday Arts Happening.

Meanwhile, I am posting my work on etsy too! I built a light box, which I love. It makes the shadows look soft and purdy and I found a pretty paper to use as my background. Check it out http://saranoh77.etsy.com.

1 comment:

Liz Smith said...

That title totally cracked me up :) I hope your soaps sell like crazy! I see people in the Etsy forums asking soapers to sell them bulk "ugly soaps" for felting around, you might try that. MEanwhile good luck w/ HAH, keep us posted!