Monday, February 23, 2009

Artsy Weekend


This weekend John and I drove to Marlborough to drop off artwork for a juried art show at the Post Road Art Center. I submitted two pieces of work - "Paper Birches" and "New England Heartland". I can't wait to see if any of the pieces made it into the show. Though we didn't spend alot of time there, the Post Road Art Center seemed like a cool shop. It had a variety of artsy gift items, like hand dyed silk scarves and beautiful stain glass sun catchers as well as art supplies & custom framing. They have a room set aside as a small gallery space and will have someone from the DeCordova Museum judging the work. I'll know on Friday if my work made it into the show.

After we dropped off my work, we drove to Hudson, MA. We found a cute restaurant called the Harvest Cafe to eat lunch. The cafe is a restaurant, bar and coffee lounge. In the bar and lounge area, they have an "Art on the Wall" display, where they show local artists. I may someday inquire about showing my work there. It seems like it would be a good fit!

Another place that might be a good fit for my work is the Serendipity gift shop iin Hudson. What a cute place! This is a beautiful art and gift shop that feature work primarily from local artists. The owner is a jewelry designer and her shop not only features her work, but also some gorgeous fine art, pottery, and other crafts. John happened to mention that we were there after dropping off my work at the post road art center and she was very excited to hear that I was an artist. She even asked me to email her pictures of my artwork for her to consider for the shop! While I was there I bought one of the few imported items in the shop - a fair trade paper bead bracelet.

After that, we had a very non artsy stop at the mall to buy some of kitchen soaps at Bath & Body Works. I am using them for game prizes at my sister-in-laws baby shower! Shower plans have been taking up alot of my time lately. However, I am planning on taking some time to work on my entries for the ArtsWorcester Biennial and the CT +5 juried shows!

No comments: